Romans 10:9–15, Matthew 28:16–20, 1 Thessalonians 2:1–8
1. The mission of God is the purpose of the church (Romans 10:9–15)
- Historical, personal, missional aspect of the Gospel
- The church doesn’t have a mission, the mission has a church
- Gospel mission is show and tell
2. The church greatest advances come under pressure and persecution (Matthew 28:16–20)
3. The mission is worth our whole life and investment (1 Thessalonians 2:1–8)
- You were created to live with purpose and intention.
- God’s best and your best are not separate. When you pursue God fully, and live fully on the mission of making Jesus known in every area of your life, you will be satisfied.
"God's best for you is a designed life of living on mission, on purpose, with His intentionality."
"You cannot separate community and mission."
"The current state of America is not that we're declining in protestantism, we're growing in apathy. "
"Instead of thinking 'What's the mission of this church?', lets' think about what is God's mission and how does this church become a part of what God is doing."
"Discipleship is not just telling people about Jesus, it's showing people what it means to follow Jesus."
"People want to know not just 'Is it true?' but 'Does it work?'"
"If you want to be on God's mission, you're going to have to get uncomfortable."
"If we think the calling to be a disciple is anything different from the early disciples, than we have a far different view of Jesus than the Bible is proposing."
"God is calling you to choose either your life or His."
"The more you hold back, the less you'll experience God. But the more you open your life to experience God, the more you're going to struggle and be in places of discomfort but the greater the capacity to experience the resurrection of Jesus with others."
1. Do you lean more toward showing the gospel or telling the gospel?
2. Where have you seen pressure and persecution in the modern church?
3. How can you give your life fully for the mission?
4. What is preventing you from being "all in" towards gospel mission?
5. What is your 30 year dream of kingdom impact?
Your Love is Strong
Come To Me
O Come To The Alter