Lamentations 3: 21-26, Luke 2: 25-38
- HOW do we listen?
- Silence. Be quiet. Hush your soul and your mouth.
- Feast on the Word of God. Learn to hear and recognize the Shepherd’s voice
- Listen to the Spirit, not just audibly, but spiritually
- HOW do we wait?
- Through stillness. Through service.
- With patience and endurance; even in suffering
- In joyful anticipation of His promises fulfilled
- WHY am I listening and waiting?
- Christ’s work is “already, and not yet”
- This is the Father’s will for us, our holy pilgrimage as individuals and the body of Christ
- To receive the crown, to finish the race, to satisfy our soul with the greatest of pleasures
- What hinders us from sitting silently to hear from God? How can we create rhythms to work through those hindrances?
- What specific characteristics of God and promises can we fix our hearts on as we wait for God in joyful anticipation?
- In your CG and PODs, how can you encourage one another to "feast on God's Word"? (Feasting is a joy, rather than an obligation - how do we keep this from becoming a religious obligation?)
- Christ's 2nd Advent is "coming soon" according to Revelation 3: 11. Discuss with someone else what you look forward to in Christ's 2nd and final return.
Hark the Herald Angels Sing/King of Heaven
Not For a Moment
You're Not Finished Yet
Shepherd of my Soul