Matthew 6:34, Psalm 95
You can go through a trial and bring others along with you, that is life giving.
Or you can go through a trial and bring others with you and its void of God.
Worry: Patterns of thought and behavior that keep us from trusting God, being present with others, and keeping us stagnant in life
How do we worship through our worry? (Psalm 95)
Vs. 3 For the Lord is a great God
- God has resources. The depths of the earth. The height of the mountains.
- The sea. The dry land.
- He is our maker.
Vs. 7 For He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the sheep of His hand.
- Not only is he powerful, God is personal. He is OUR God.
- God’s glory meets us in our lowliness.
What does the Psalmist say to do?
- Make a joyful noise
- Come into his presence with thanksgiving
- Worship and bow down
- Kneel before God
These are all positions of submission and trust.
Practice these for correct perspective. Aligning ourselves physically with truth of God spiritually.
Worrying can be testing the Lord. Worry can be dissatisfaction with God’s giving.
Worry can lead to even blaming God for the good things He has given.
Exodus 17: 1-3
- What is your one thing that you’re worrying about right now?
- How can you apply the gospel truth to your worry? (Romans 8:32)
- How can you involve friends/community in your worry so you aren’t isolated?
- What is God teaching you in this?
Shepherd of my Soul
Not For a Moment
Carried to The Table
Good Good Father