Colossians 3:15-17, Ephesians 6:18, Luke 11:9, Hebrews 4:14–15, 1 Thess 5:16
- Intro: Stories of prayer, and all of life as prayer
- Design of prayer
- Trust God
- Enjoy God
- Engage in eternal activity
- Effectiveness of prayer
- God created
- Jesus authorized
- Holy Spirit shaped
- Attitude of prayer
- Building spiritual momentum like the pedals of a bicycle
"Teaching is not telling, teaching is living and giving what you are practicing."
"Doesn't God delight in serving and caring for you?
"If we do the things of God without the enjoyment of God, we will be slaves to religious activity instead of living joyful, spiritual lives of worship."
"God has a plan, His plan is for us to pray, and when we pray, it makes a difference."
"Do you not know the capacity of the Father to meet your needs?
"A person who is forgiven is willing to forgive, a person who has received greatly will also give greatly."
"We must pray with desire and gratitude, we must pray with passion and thankfulness."
- How does Colossians 3:15-17 shape our view that prayer is not just a single activity but an all encompassing lifestyle?
- What struggles and/or successes have you experienced when praying for God’s will, as well as seeking transformation of the world around you?
- Where is God asking you to move forward in prayer and reliance on Him?
- Who else around you would benefit from conversation and reliance on prayer? How can you engage others in this topic?
Check out our Worship playlist on Spotify or check them out on YouTube below.
Whole Heart (Hold Me Now)
It is So