- FUD – Fear, uncertainty, doubt
- “Did God really say… you shall not eat of any tree?”
- Why does 587 and Jerusalem matter?
- God directs the course of politics and history (Ezra 1:1, Proverbs 21:1, Isaiah 45:13, Jeremiah 25:12)
- King Cyrus opens the door to survivors and provides resources for temple renewal (Ezra 1:2-4)
- God stirs up the spirit of the worshippers to rebuild (Ezra 1:5-16, 2 Chron. 7:14)
- Cyrus provides additional abundant means for the temple of the Lord (Ezra 1:7-11)
"God powerfully works through imperfect means."
"God stirs even the hearts of kings who have never known Him."
"Don't be sick with what you don't have, delight what what God's given you."
"When I repented from hurrying God, I experienced what God wanted for me in faith."
Application for us Today
1. God’s promise can be trusted today
2. God’s resources are sufficient (money, people, energy, capacity)
3. The work God is doing within us is greater than the work is doing around us