Intro: Why does this matter to have all these names and functions?
- God’s particular detailed care for every family and every person
- Israel’s replanting roots and revitalization of temple and worship
- Standard of living for families and people
Outcome: Israel vitality, community thriving, God’s centered worship
Who are the People who will restore the temple worship?
- Leaders (vs. 2) focus on God
- People (vs. 2-35) identified by name and home town
- Priests (vs. 36-39) care for the altar and worship
- Levites (vs. 40-42) assist in sacred things and support worship function
- Servants (vs. 43-58) Outsiders who became covenant members of the community
- Unconfirmed (vs. 59-63) family origin and housing to be tested
What are the total number of people?
What is the response of the people?
- They give their energy and resources for God’s worship
- Am I using my resources in a way that makes room for God’s worship?
- How is God releasing my grip on the material desires and security of this world?
New Testament tie in to Jesus
Hebrews 10:19–25  Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy
places by the blood of Jesus,  by the new and living way that he opened for us through
the curtain, that is, through his flesh,  and since we have a great priest over the house of
God,  let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts
sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us
hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,  not neglecting
to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as
you see the Day drawing near.
"With every person, there is a purpose and a joy. You matter."
"God cares for the details."
"Am I using my resources in a way that makes room for God's worship?"
"Do people get a sense of the awe of God by the way you live your life?"
"What are you doing with what God is giving you?"
"When I give my resources to God, my grip on this world is loosened."
"The capacity of our church is limited only by the willingness of our people."