Intro to Fruit of the Spirit
- What could be more important for you in the next 9 weeks that to be present with God, and to ask for soul transformation through His Spirit?
- Character comes from God
- We are responsible for our own spiritual growth
1 Corinthians 13:1-7
- Love is in relationship
- Love is from God
- Love is an action and position where you are ready to act in best interests of another person, in cost to yourself and without end
- Love the brothers
- Love strangers
- Love the mistreated and marginalized
- Love your spouse
- Don’t love money
Misconceptions of love
- It happens automatically
- If we understand it, we will do it
If you aren’t displaying the fruit of Spirit filled living, ask these
- Where am I blind to how God sees me?
- How am I disbelieving what he has said to be true?
- What actions am I consciously choosing to live in against God’s desire? Repentance?
- Where am I blind to how God sees others?
- How am I treating others as I see them and not how God does
"We're not looking at the fruit of the spirit as a list to be followed and thing to be obtained. When we are in the presence of God, these things are created out of us."
"Christian character comes from God."
"When looking at a beautiful apple tree, the apples don't give the tree life, they prove that the tree is alive. The fruit doesn't make you a Christian, but it does evidence what you beleive about Jesus."
"If we're not connected to God, we cannot produce what God wants us to produce in us."
"A baby isn't loved any less in his crib than when he is in his Father's arms. But when he's in his father's arms, he is experiencing that love."